04 June, 2009

Darling Dinky Dumpling

Darling Dinky Dumpling,
Boil 'im in a pot

Give 'im sugar,
Cover 'im in butter
An' eat 'im while e's hot!

Something I picked up from a great grandparent when I was a child, but the reason for this post is that I have been working on some of my dumpling softies to put up in my Etsy shop.

They were named for my Brother, whom I gave the superhero moniker "Mr. Dumpling" as a child when he was in his kindergarten karate phase (the phase he never got out of, he had the trophies to prove it). They all share his wonderful spirit, his sense of humor in some, and I like to think that with each one I make, some little part of his memory lives on.

Hopefully I can get a few pics taken and get them up here to show off in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment