- 1 cup butter, softened(1c. = 2 sticks, not margarine)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed down
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract(use the real stuff, imitation doesn't cut it with this recipe)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp hot water
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips(2 cups = 1 bag, use any variety of chip you like. I used Hershey's Special Dark because I loooove dark chocolate.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional...however, pecans work really well in this recipe)
Cream together the butter, white sugar, cinnamon and brown sugar until smooth. (think runny peanut butter consistency)
Beat in the eggs one at a time and drop in the vanilla.
Dissolve the baking soda and salt in the 2 teaspoons of hot water. Stir and add to batter.
Stir in flour, one cup at a time, until combined. Pour in your chocolate chips and nuts if you choose to include them. Drop golfball sized spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake between 9 and 15 minutes, or until sides of cookies are golden brown.